Thread: News RIP Billy Graham
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 12:41 PM   #164
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefFanForHire View Post
I'm exercising my free will to point out Graham life's legacy was that of a swindlers.
Evidence please?

Correct me if I am wrong, but you seem to be lumping Graham's personal income and the finances of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association as being the same???

The BGEA is a non-profit organization ... that abides by U.S. tax codes. The board of directors set the amount of his modest salary. He purposely set it up so no one could accuse him of getting wealthy from his ministry. The funds came from denotations of ordinary Christians who willingly gave the money. So, who do you think he is "swindling?"

BTW ... the royalty from the books he authored goes into the BGEA's bank account. Maybe the people who "estimate" his wealth as $25M assume he profited from the sale of his books. He did NOT.

"... swindlers ..." who, when, where, why did he swindle anyone. He set up the BGEA in an effort to keep these accusation from happening. The BGEA's board of directors decide where the associations funds are/were used. Only a small percentage of the income of BGEA is/was used for administration costs. Also, he paid taxes on his income according to IRS codes.

BTW ... he and all pastors/religious workers/etc. pay all of the FICA (is it called "payroll tax?) tax. Meaning ... normally an employer pays half of the employee's FICA tax. But, Graham and all pastors pays about 7.2% more in taxes that a McDo worker pays because they pay all of that tax.

Note: I agree with you re: many of the other TV "preachers." Their focus seems to be on fame, fortune, etc. and most of them do keep all of the money. But, Graham cannot be blamed for their "transgressions," because they did not follow his example of putting safe guards into place.

Do I think Graham is perfect? Nope! He was not perfect!!!
Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.Manila-Chief is not part of the Right 53.