Thread: Movies and TV Terminator: Dark Fate
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 07:34 PM   #32
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
At first I wondered why they cast Justin Beiber as the terminator.

Then someone pointed out that was a woman.

Yikes.

So funny how this comment actually flips SO MANY narratives on it's head.

Particularly 'Misogynists sabotage movies with women!"

But yeah. The first two films, the only ones universally loved, had a female lead. Strong female leads are a staple of Cameron period, and it's been that way for over 3 decades. So... I guess action fans aren't hateful misogynists. Maybe that's just an excuse they (specifically the director) are putting out there ahead of the release to sandbag for the fact they know it sucks. It's a marketing strategy at this point, and it never works. I think the directors stupid words assured this film loses money. It was already unlikely to make money based on the fact that we're ALL bored with these movies at this point.

Hell, Terminator 3 was actually the highest grossing Terminator, and the lead villian was a woman. And John Conner's girl was WAY more competent than he was. It still made money.

It doesn't matter. What does matter is the Terminator is a played out property. In my mind there's only 2 cannon films because I don't care, even a little, about the crap that came after T2.
Exactly...

This is getting me a little more pumped.

https://youtu.be/-iTco6JgZ4o
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.