View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 08:07 PM   #1506
Supporter

Options for speculation is tough sledding and I don't know anyone who consistently makes money at it unless they are very well capitalized. And those that do, profit by writing naked. They may use a spread to have something of a built in stop loss but that's about it.

If you're good at spotting points of volatility then you can make some good money on straddles and strangles if you want to buy. I have made money on those but if the market goes flat you lose big time. You also have to be quick to sell your losing position.

You're better off trading futures if you want to make money with leverage. Options buying is a fools game most of the time. Everything is against you. You have to be right about the time and the direction.

The only caveat I would say to that is, if you wanted to buy at or in the money calls, several months out in lieu of buying the stock itself.

If you don't understand the concepts of Beta, Delta, Theta and Vega then you're best off not buying options.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote