View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #20
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
It'll never happen, but I'll always be a proponent of LIMITING the ability to be precise in reviews. In my opinion, reviews should help to reverse obvious errors, but anything that requires ultra zoom and ultra slow mo is just taking it too far. Something like "you get one shot to view it again at full speed, and if it's clearly wrong, you can reverse it" would do it.

But it is what it is. Hopefully this is an improvement.
Yeah, I'm as big of a fan of replay as anyone, but it does get old at times.... especially in the NHL, when you're reviewing for offsides that might have happened 45 seconds before the goal was scored.

And MLB when a player might have separated from the base for a quarter of a second by a quarter of an inch while sliding head first at full speed.

I'm kind of on the fence with how obvious it should be in real time, but I'd also wish they would put an 'official' in the booth who is only there to review calls... there's no reason to deal with iPads and bullshit.

And there's also the argument of using more technology, whether it's for calling balls and strikes or whatever.... but, at least putting more cameras around blue lines, goal lines, etc; would help speed things up, too.... and people dedicated to watching those feeds and immediately starting to review without needing a whistle first.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.