Thread: Life Health Insurance
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 02:41 PM   #24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJake View Post
It's over $600 a month for just me through my work. I've been to the doctor twice in the last 15-20 years. I just can't justify it
Not sure on your age? but that's relatively high for a work sponsored plan assuming you don't have some "cadillac" super plan with almost no deductible and super low out of pocket max.

If it's just an average plan with a medium to high deductible (4-8k) then I'm guessing that you're either paying the vast majority of the premium and your employer isn't paying much OR you have a small group with a poor health rating pool of employees.

You could likely find a similar premium plan on the individual marketplace, but those plans are usually only a good deal for someone earning a low enough income to get a subsidy to cover the majority or all of the premium. If you are above that threshold, you're probably paying that same premium for a shit plan with an $6k deductible in a relatively narrow network or with a "new" insurance company you've probably never heard of that may or may not be around for another few years.

The insurance game really is a shitty proposition these days. You can't just self insure at a reasonable rate anymore.
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli