Thread: Movies and TV New Tom Hanks movie "Greyhound"
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 12:17 PM   #23
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois View Post
Ive begun to wonder why we (the collective we, as in the nation) are more obsessed with WWII than any other war. It was certainly pivotal, no denying that. I'm not complaining - there are many compelling stories to be told.

It jus seems (and I haven't done any research to back this up) that there are 10 times as many movies about WWII than all our other wars combined.
I think the sheer magnitude of WWII has something to do with it. It was the largest conflict the world has ever seen. There are so many stories; large, small, fiction, non-fiction, European theater, Pacific, and everything in between. It's like a writer's playground.

And as others have mentioned, there was a very clear line between good and evil. And the blurring of that line has potential for great storylines.
Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote