View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 10:32 AM   #122
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Ain't getting "3-4 top prospects" for these guys.

Well, depends on how "top" you're talking, and whether you're hammering your trade return by insisting on guys who are close to MLB.

If you just take the best talent you can get for them, I could see Hosmer, Moustakas, and Cain netting something around 3-4 guys in the top 40-75 range.

Someone like Kennedy or Hammel or Vargas may also be able to be included as a secondary piece that helps you get a little more back (see the A's-Cubs trade, with Hammel as a rider for Lester).

But you're not getting Yoan Moncada or Giolito or someone like that.

Still, 3-4 top 100 guys would inject a lot of life into the Royals' system, which has a lot of young guys with upside.

Notes on that:
Sandwich pick Foster Griffin was bad the past two years but has been really good through two starts this season. Kind of similar to the Cody Reed breakout in 2015.

Zach Lovvorn is a small RHP, but also has turned in two excellent starts at NwA with good K numbers.

Junis was good at Omaha before getting the call and may be ready to slide in as a cheap back-end starter.

Ashe Russell is still he Invisible Man.

Khalil Lee is drawing rave reviews and seems to be a rare prospect for KC in that he is the toolsy, athletic type they like, but couples those tools with good plate discipline.

Meibrys Viloria is a C who has a chance to jump into top 100 lists if he hits like he has the past two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.