Clark
Taco
KPass
Speaks
Okafor
Harris
Ward
Hanna

Why would we spend any real money on Clowney?

Veach has the $ to sign the rookies...where would another 15m come from?

Let’s say Clowney would play for 10m for a year...we don’t have it unless we cut some guys.

If Clowney needs $15 million on a one-year deal, it doesn’t work.

But they can find a way to make $10-12 million work if the Jones extension is set up to lower his year 1 cap hit. That could get them to around $14M under the cap.

I’d spend money on Clowney (or Everson Griffen, or Logan Ryan) because it makes the defense better.

Clowney and Griffen would immediately be the second best DE on the team. And major upgrades.

Harris, Danna, and Ward are not factors yet. You’re talking about a round 5 guy and a couple of street FAs.

Taco Charlton is just a Hail Mary signing. Speaks and Kpass are depth. Okafor would probably be another casualty to find the rest of the money, as I think they save $4 million if he’s cut.

It’s mostly a thought exercise. Suggs helped the defense a lot, and I’m not confident they have a second DE on the roster that can give them what he did.

When your GM is as aggressive as Brett Veach, it is fun - and makes some sense - to look at aggressive moves that are at least quasi possible.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.