View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 07:21 PM   #1058
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
When I go low and slow I usually budget 2 hrs per pound which allows me enough time to fully cook and rest in the cooler.

Brisket isn't hard to make as long as you don't panic. When you panic and switch shit up that's when it goes to hell and you have jerkey.

If its well overdone the meat will be dry and if its under, it'll be tough and chewy.

Make sure to give yourself enough time and don't panic if the temps get up quickly. It's going to hit a stall when all that fat begins to work itself. You can foil it and shoot past if you're a bit pressed at that moment (butcher paper is better, but harder to get) to help it past the stall, but I generally just let it ride.

If I want a brisket and want it much faster, I cook it around 350 and inject it really well and put a water bowl in to help avoid drying out.

Outside of that, only slice what you intend to eat for the moment and leave the rest whole.

Don't need any fancy rubs. Salt and pepper is just fine. Don't go too heavy on the rub though.
Great stuff. I’ll be drinking so that usually lessens my panic. I’ve got plenty of time to start early in the morning. We can eat anywhere from 5-7, so not a huge planned thing.

So don’t coat in rub like you would a pork butt?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.