View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 02:20 PM   #27676
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I'm not saying Mahomes shouldn't have his ring. I'm saying he played like shit for like 3 quarters of his first Super Bowl then went nuclear in the last handful of minutes to steal the win. Dude said Brady should have just played better throughout the games to not have to win with late-game heroics but that's exactly what Pat did.. and it doesn't matter. They won the games they won.

The wins against Seattle, Atlanta and Los Angeles were some bullshit, but a dub is a dub. Those wins required some fluky plays to make happen, but on the flip side you could argue that fluke plays going against him also kept him from another three rings. If not for a helmet catch, or a routine drop by Welker or a strip-sack in a game with over 1,000 yards of offense, he could have had 9 Super Bowls.

Ew. That really would be the darkest timeline.
This idea Mahomes played poorly in the first half is pretty off-base, though it is popular.

The Chiefs had 4 first-half possession. Here's how they worked out:

1) 3 and out. Run, swing pass to flat (batted down by Bosa - great play), swing pass to flat (blind throw that missed Williams)

2) Scoring drive (TD)

3) Scoring drive (FG)

4) Punt. They were driving to midfield towards the end of the half and looked on track to get into FG range until a great individual play on an end-around by Arik Armstead put them in second and forever, and they ran a safe screen on 3rd down that didn't move the chains.

That's it.

He played poorly in the 3rd quarter, but the first half play was good (for anyone, even pat) against the 49ers defense.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote