View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 11:24 PM   #109
ChiefsPride

My problem is simply this. To come on this board at halftime, after the Defense was on the field for the entire first half, and the Pats having a 20 minute+ to 9 minute+ possession advantage, and still read that were losing because Trent Green is not doing his job is pathetic and ridiculous. You can throw up stat after stat over the last 5 games. Or the last 10 games for that matter. You can throw out statisitics and call them facts. But the fact of the whole matter is that Trent Green is the best QB we've had here in a long time. He carried the team today. You don't have to throw for 400+ yards, and 4 TD's to carry a team. I don't want you bashers to tell me Green's a great QB. I don't want you to tell me he's a good QB. All I want is for the people that say Green is a no talent bum, that he is mediocre at best, that he is a waste of a first round pick...Own up to the fact that he's more than that, and that he's had a very good year, and carried KC today. Every sports anchor and every coach knows that if our Defense was even mediocre, we would have a lot better record than 5-5. But to come on here at halftime after watching the Defense play as terrible as any defense I have seen play....And to still lay the blame on Green?? That's a little to much for me to take.

I've been a big Green fan since I read his life story. Then I met the guy, and I have never met a Pro Athlete that respectful, especially to youngsters. He's a solid leader on and off the field. I just don't see the fun in calling him a loser, TrINT, or any other stupid *** name when he busts his *** every Sunday, and is a standup guy. I just don't find the humor in it.