Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 10:20 PM   #1731
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Actually a little disappointed from a POV of verisimilitude with the plainclothes cop narrative.

I understand that it fits the narrative structure and sets up future events, but as a realistic and practical manner any decent investigator with knowledge of the source of the drug trade's communications methods would work behind the scenes to get subpoenas for Jimmy's merchandise train. That way they can surreptitiously get data on who the phones get distributed to and what they say on them before coming down on the whole organization.

Now that the drug trade is clued in to the value of burner phones in their enterprise, moving one dude off one street corner isn't going to do shit, except make the next effort to counter the exchanges that much harder.
Eh. I think it was meant as what it was sold as. I don’t think most street cops have a passing understanding of how to bring down a drug ring. He just found a dude that was making criminals lives easier and thought he was doing the right thing.

You’re totally right. But I buy it.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.