Thread: Football Andrew Luck Retires
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 02:25 PM   #819
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
When I was a sophomore we went to camp at CMSU and Eureka was there IIRC, and Tony Temple was a SR. Anyway, I was a 175 lb sophomore safety at a small class one school. In some random drill I fill a hole and think "I've got this dude set up on a T to just blast" and he absolutely ran clean ass over me, like I wasn't there.

It's a different level.
I got hit by a kid that ended up playing high-level DII ball (I think). This wasn't some freak of nature but just a strong, fast, aggressive kid who ended up getting a scholarship and some run at a small school. Held onto the ball and was damn proud of myself. And I wasn't going off the field because I wasn't gonna let him see that he drilled me.

But evidently I didn't look nearly as good as I thought I did because the coach came out there and dragged me by my shoulder pads out of the huddle. I guess I was a little wobble-legged or something, I dunno. I saw stars and yacked and that was the end of my day. Felt it for a couple days afterward.

And that was nothing compared to what these guys face. And while bigger, stronger, faster men can exponentially increase their ability to deliver abuse, the body's ability to take said abuse can only go up so much. Bones don't get bigger and stronger when you work out. Tendons don't. Nerves don't. Your brain bouncing around your skull doesn't.

Were I 26 yrs old and 225 lbs, I would still feel 80% as much of that blow as the 18 yr old, 165 lb version of me. Meanwhile, the NFL caliber version of Cordell (the dude that smoked me) is delivering 100% as much force. He's bigger, he's stronger, he's faster and he's !@#$ing meaner because this is his life.

And you just don't realize it from afar. The sights and sounds from up close are alarming. I lack the capacity for empathy so it's not something that's ever made me consider not being a fan anymore (DANCE FOR ME, CLOWNS!!!), but it was damn sure eye-opening.

Keyboard warriors can chug cock on this one. They're just absolutely wrong.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.