View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 03:38 PM   #13565
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If they do, you don't have Kendall Fuller or a similarly talented young player.

Smith's trade value skyrocketed because of his performance last season. He maybe gets you a 4th if you trade him last offseason, IMO.

Now that said, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying you have to consider that as part of the equation. Is the more accelerated development from Mahomes partially/completely offset by the fact that we got a hell of a young CB back in the Smith deal? And frankly, I think the benefits of Mahomes sitting behind Smith are more of a slow-burn anyway; a long-term sort of thing that comes from Mahomes simply being in the QB room with Smith and seeing how a veteran prepares himself.

That will compound as he goes forward and never be obvious on the stat sheet but perhaps the sort of thing that raises his ceiling without us realizing it.
Yeah, the other pieces from the Smith deal def make it worth it more.

It just sucks that we are essentially a year behind. Now, grand scheme of things hopefully it pays off bigely.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.