View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 09:23 AM   #60
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
Sounds like we had very similar upbringings, I was on my own at 17 and had to drop out as well. Did get my GED and graduated college eventually, just stuck in the rat race now, though. How you perform in school has very little to do with how intelligent you are, and I learn that more every single day working with nothing but educated fools. You are obviously a prime example of that as well.
I was working as a Respiratory Therapist for 10 years in an inner city Level 1 teaching hospital. Started to bring some of that home with me. The hospital was switching over from paper records to electronic records. I was helping people use the computers and app. I didn't own a computer at the time. People were telling me this computer thing was going to be a big deal, you should get into that.

Took some basic server/infrastructure classes but basically taught myself. I worked 12 hours a day being a Respiratory Therapist. Went to night classes. Got home at 10:00pm or so. Tuck the kid and wife into bed. The stayed up 10pm -2am building and breaking stuff learning. Get up at 6:00 am and do the whole day again. That went on for 2 years.

After a year or so doing desktop/call center stuff, I got my break when Sprint hired me and I was off and running.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote