View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 04:05 PM   #116
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Coast View Post
You know I wasn't going to register and post until a friend sent me the site URL and, well, I registered.

The level of discourse here is below replacement level. There's a lot Trumpian childlishness, false bravado, barely disguised envy. Sadly, it reinforces all the Red State, flyover country stereotypes out there. It's worse than the main Yankee forum and the Jets Gang Green and that's saying a lot.

I was in Kansas City for the game and there is a flatness and plainness about the place that is palpable from the time you leave the airport. I don't know. Perhaps it is because you have only two professional teams in the four major sports. No NBA. No NHL. Or lack of a major university within the city confines. You do have a terrific art museum which I visited.

At the hotel bar a semi-inebriated, not so friendly, local identified me as not being from "around here" even though I didn't wear a stitch of New England clothing the entire weekend. And all I was doing was quietly talking with the bartender!

I was so happy to return home despite horrendous weather...as the plane banks around into Boston there's the ocean on the right, the mountains to the left, beautiful historic towns everywhere, Harvard and MIT down there, and the Celtics on TV later in the evening.

Coasts are good!
**** off, chowdahead.

Nobody here wants to listen to your east-coast bullshit about how much better you are than everyone else here. We get enough of that shit on TV.

From all of us in 'flyover country', I give you my most hearty and sincere wishes to die in an aids-infested antifreeze-inflamed tree fire.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote