View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 02:58 PM   #13
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The Wrath of Khan was an amazing film and what was even more amazing was doing a Q&A with Nicholas Meyer after the first screening of the film back in 1982. The VFX weren't finished and there were a few scenes that needed to be re-shot but it was a really incredible experience.

My second favorite is First Contact. That movie took Trek lore to 11 and was a super fun movie to boot. Great casting all around, especially Zefram Cochrane.

I probably enjoyed IV and VI about the same although they're completely different in terms of tone.

The rest are "okay" although Generations is completely unwatchable for me, as are the other two TNG movies. The way they killed off Kirk was ridiculous and in no way, shape or form, honored the character, IMO.
I like Generations more than most, I guess. While I also didn't care for the way Kirk went out, and there were some ridiculous plot holes, it had a strong villain in Malcolm McDowall, and the Enterprise getting blasted to shit and then crashing was well done. I rank it above I and V. It's about on the same level with Nemesis, which is also overall kind of lame but has some good parts.

The one I hate the most is Insurrection. It was like a bad NG episode made into a movie. I remember being very unhappy as I left the theater.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote