View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 11:59 AM   #117
Damn it feels good.

I'll provide a few that I believe are criminally underrated or relatively unknown - it's hard to decipher which is which sometimes.

Thank You Scientist
This is incredible modern prog - complex, fun, layered, wonderful instrumentation (horns!) along with mesmerizing vocals. I saw them at The Bottleneck in Lawrence with about TWENTY other people in total, which is insane and, really, an insult to them and their work.

City & Colour
Deriving fame from post-metalcore's Alexisonfire, Dallas Green (City & Colour - get it?) shells out stripped-down, acoustic-type tracks like no one's business. He is an incredible singer-songwriter with a nice catalog.

Ongkara
Russian band. Their self-titled debut is magical - this is the first track.

Ceterum
Very under-the-radar prog band out of Cleveland. I think they're slowly (and I mean slowly) working on new music. The album they have released is really damn good, though. This is my favorite track:
SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.