Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 02:39 PM   #345
Supporter

I haven't done anything with wax yet. My plan has been to melt it into toilet paper rolls to make wax "crayons" to apply wax to new frame foundations. I don't know where I saw that but its' something I've considered doing and probably will this winter.

I do like the idea of candles and lip balm maybe to sell some.

Yesterday I snuck off for a while and put in some version of candy boards....I just pressed wet sugar onto wax paper and let it dry. I didn't do any elevated moisture boxes or anything. I did have a couple that were too thick and the top didn't want to shut tight, so I had a little smashing to do.

I also had some thin foam core insulation boards that i cut in half and wrapped around the hives to help them a little with wintering.

I'm hopeful to keep these bees alive and healthy as I like what I have and am planning to do some splits in the spring if they make it.

that's the last task I really plan to do this winter other than I'll feed a little more sugar water if it warms up.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote