View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 10:39 PM   #147
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
I agree it’s not about the stats, but with the exception of stats in the extreme.

For instance, Mahomes throwing 5 TDs today. That’s insane and indicative of how good he was today.

Throwing for under 100 yards in back to back weeks is the other extreme. IMO, he’s purely a game manager who hasn’t ****ed up.

The Titans have beaten 2 good teams that match up terrible with what Tennessee does well. Neither the Pats or Ravens have good run defenses (Football Outsiders confirms this, so it’s not just my opinion) nor can either exploit a bad secondary when they can’t run the ball.

The Chiefs are a very bad match up for the Titans. Probably the worst matchup they could find in the AFC. The Chiefs can score in bunches to neutralize the Titans rushing attack.

I also wouldn’t underestimate the home field advantage in this one. Not just crowd noise, but that the Titans will be traveling for their 4th consecutive must-win game.
I don't want to be cast as a doom-and-gloom-er; I'm not saying we won't win.

Tannehill was a raw QB that was drafted on potential. He was a WR at Texas A&M until his senior year I believe. He's got wheels and is good with the ball in space.

He's also got a really nice deep ball; and with Henry in there, play-action is a REAL problem.

He's taken his lumps and the game seems to have slowed down for him. He doesn't make many mistakes. He hasn't thrown for over 100 because Henry's running for close to 200 and they're beating the shit out of people up front.

He's pretty damned good really, at this point in his career. He's kind of a Deshaun Watson type player. He doesn't have that THING, but in terms of athletically and I think he's got a better arm. I think we can match up with his perimeter weapons but the problem is play-action. You've got to play Henry first.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.