Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 12:59 PM   #395
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I hate to say it, but goddamn, I love this show. Yeah, I feel dirty saying that, but it's true. I've gotten over the goofy Klingons and the shitting all over the canon bit. It's dark and twisted and bleak and nasty and I'm digging it.

They basically did the same thing to Star Trek that the reboot of Battlestar Galactica did - took an old show, blasted it down to outline form, and filled in the details using new and shiny stuff. I know that the stuff they're doing will never fit in with established canon, and I'm sure they do to. Yes, the ships and everything in them should look like the Enterprise from the original pilot with Jeffrey Hunter. But that look is 50 years old, and would bore the crap out of modern audiences. It's either this way or no way, and I'm on board with it.

I think their biggest mistake was not simply calling it a reboot, when it clearly is.
I had a sneaking suspicion that Voyager was gonna be garbage but I watched it anyway because it was Trek. It was garbage.

I had a suspicion that Enterprise was gonna be garbage but I watched it anyway because it was Trek. It was, mostly, garbage.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this version of Star Trek starring Lucious Malfoy and Spock's black sister was gonna be garbage. Sticking to my guns this time. Not watching this at all.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.