View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 07:39 PM   #166
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
I think people in IT try to be the company gem when they come in and try to get a project over the hump by putting in more hours. Over time, they come to expect it.

Work a productive 40 from the start and just don't give them the expectation you're gonna work another 20 every week. If you get a rash of shit for it, move on or demand more salary to compensate.

Too many workers underestimate their power in not pandemic times.
In my experience, the people who go the route of "pay me more if you want more hours" don't get more pay nearly as often as those who prove it first.... of course, there's no guarantee, but I've been fairly lucky with managers who will give it to me straight in that regard.

It depends on priorities though... if someone is happy salary-wise, then 40 hour work weeks will of course be ideal. I just get annoyed when people want it both ways, refusing to work more than 40 hours/week while bitching about never getting a decent raise and getting ahead.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.