Thread: Free Agents
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 12:45 AM   #20
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
But if we had Morris and Niang as backups, and maybe a rookie development tackle for depth as well, would you still be worried about Tyron Smith's health at just $10m cap hit? That's not much, we got by with a D. Smith and Morris this year, and you said yourself T. Smith would be a massive upgrade. That's only $7m more than we spent on D. Smith, and $10m is pretty low for a LT.

Just thinking out loud, I have no dog in this fight.
I guess I find it hard to see them carrying T Smith, Morris AND another developmental guy on the roster. I suppose it's possible if they cut Niang and don't re-sign D Smith. At least the numbers add up.

I'd probably risk it, yeah. Partly because if D Smith comes back that really only solves the problem for a year anyway, same as T Smith. At some point we need to find that longer term option but maybe it comes a year after this and after we fix WR.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote