Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 07:47 PM   #1423
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
The Starved Rock Murders on HBO Max is a good watch*

Its a 3 part documentary on the 1960 murders of 3 women in the state park. Its unique in the fact that its created by the son of the state prosecutor who put the killer away for life but there's some questions about his possible innocence. So there's a personal connection as he seeks out the truth, often times doubting the work of his own father and idol growing up.

Its not Steven Avery gripping, but its a good story and well made. Took like 10 years in the making. Every person featured in the documentary is a true character.

Fun fact, I had never heard of these murders until scrolling through HBO Max last night but during the pandemic the wife and I would drive down to Starved Rock every so often just to get out of the city for a day. We took a selfie in the canyon where the womens bodies were found. I'm sure there's a gazillion selfies taken there a year but its kind of ominous to look at the pic now.

Spoiler!
Enjoyed this one. Thanks
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.