Thread: Misc Durango, CO
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 06:52 PM   #3
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Accustom yourself to the presence of cinders.

I still have a 'souvenir' kerchief from the train ride from way back when I was a wee one.
Wish I could give you more specific info, as it was perhaps the family vacation I enjoyed the most. We spent several weeks, Royal Gorge, rented a jeep and drove around Big Boy Basin, recall a really nice RV park in Colorado Springs.

Of all, the best memory was parking the RV for the night just off the highway next to a mountain stream, and just taking a cup to the stream for a cup of the best water ever.

Garden of the Gods
Mesa Verde

Remember Cave of the Winds took forever to get to via switchbacks. The long drive stuck in my mind because some Asain tourists pulled into the parking lot way up in the mountains, and the ball joint holding the front wheel of the rental car promptly fell off. Can't imagine the tow out on that one.
I took the short steam train ride in Georgetown a few years back so I've had a taste of the cinders.

Been to Co Springs and the Royal Gorge and Pike's Peak, but not Cave of the Winds. We probably won't get back to that area this time around as we're heading to our favorite place in Estes Park afterwards.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.