View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 11:48 AM   #95
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Not sure if I said it here or elsewhere, but I was wanting them to sign a CF to at least be able to platoon with Carlson or make it possible to have Walker play the OF less.

A Winn/Edman IF could be so lethal. Edman is probably my favorite Cardinal currently, though, and I argued 2 years ago that signing Contreras over Trea Turner would be a bigger upgrade to the team (and I still will die on that hill). Edman is super under appreciated.

I have no problem with playing Gorman at 2B, but the issue becomes WTF do you do with Walker. He isn't someone who should be in the OF. They should move on from Goldschmidt to make him room for him and allow Edman to be in the field more often as well as giving Gorman opportunities to DH more. But that won't happen.
Edman/Winn at the keystone would be one of the strongest up the middle defenses we've seen in 20 years. It would be unbelievable.

Gorman has the baseline athleticism to be a fine LFer. Shit, we're putting Burleson out there and I'm not convinced he ties his own shoes. Juan Yepez stumbled through.

The problem with Gorman is his lower half is stiff as hell. You can't be a viable 2b long-term that way. It's not ideal at 3b but it's manageable. You can get away with it okay in LF (and he'd at least have a plus arm out there).

Gorman at DH would force Donovan to...where? And frankly, Donovan's a better pure hitter by a fair bit. And he doesn't have the arm strength Gorman has. If you have Winn/Edman at SS/2b, you don't have a home for Donovan and this lineup needs him. He can/should be a more polished version of Craig.

So if you're married to Arenado long-term and won't deal him, then you need to put Gorman into LF so you can get Donovan the ABs at DH.

As for Walker - well, that guy should be in AAA. He's not a big league baseball player and if you continue to try to play his slice, his CEILING will be Stephen Piscotty. You can't do that. His tools are way way way too loud. You send him to Memphis and tell him that he can come back when he can start keeping his front shoulder in gets his hips into his swing (instead of way out in front). There is so much talent there and he's getting in his own way.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.