View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 07:12 PM   #77
C Chiefs once a year!

Seems this can happen to everyone no matter what their doing with their lives. It's good that you recognize it and you'll notice the posts in this thread guys did something about it because if not something is going to give. Again, good thing you're recognizing it. Some good advice in this thread from guys who can be open to talk in a forum like this when in person men tend to not be that way. Although I would definitely recommend you not cloud your brain with weed lol.

I just turned 40 this week and I went through something like the OP is going through about five years back. I decided to make a change and the big two changes were meditation (in the morning) and Bikram Yoga. I didn't know that at the time but these two exercises gave me the strength to get to where I wanted to be. Which was being happy about/with life. All of a sudden I had extra energy to do what was needed and I could relax/rest when need. I think Meditation could be helpful for everyone. Takes 5 min in the morning.

In these past 5 years lots has changed for me. After years of choosing to be a bachelor I ended up meeting a woman (who is now my wife) because I was giving back/helping others. I bought a bad ass BMX to ride around because well I enjoy it. I let go of a GTO that I cherished many many years back that I regretted selling so last year I bought one because it made me smile when driving it. This Saturday I'm going to have my first child a son. And it's all due to me doing something to get out of that rut and changing my thinking. Again, meditation helped a lot.

OP I'll leave you with a video that I have watched hundreds of time. I could probably give the speech myself at this point. It helped me with work and other things in life. Some quotes from the video I like are "Change your stinkin thinking" and "People who don't take step number one never take step number two". Hope all the responses you've received in this thread give you a way to go and don't forget you're not the only one to go through what you're going through.

Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.