View Single Post
Old 04-16-2023, 12:05 PM   #200
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah - at some point I'm just tired of blaming umps. Seems like we do it every game.

Play better baseball. Nolan could try putting a single ball in play - how many times will you even make it to extras when your 5 hitter leaves EIGHT guys on base behind your 4 hitter who left 4 on in his own right. Donovan from the 1 hole gets on base 4 times and swipes two bags, scores a single run.

Matz could maybe find a way to avoid giving up a 450 ft blast to a guy who hits about 6 homers/season to lead off the game. Or maybe DON'T walk 2 guys to load the bases and you won't have to throw a shit fit when you don't get a call that you haven't earned to that point with the bases loaded. Helsley could come into a game ready to pitch. Hicks could throw that 102 mph sinker a single time at some point before the game gets away from us.

At least I don't specifically recall Walker gacking any plays in the OF, so that's a plus.

Oh - and it's the mother****ing Pirates. These guys aren't even TRYING to win. I mean the Reds at least have 3 absolute monster arms at the front of their rotation and a couple quality hitters. The Pirates have just about officially dick to work with; they're barely a big league ballclub.
I didn't blame the umps I simply pointed out it was a horrifically called game. Both can be true.

Matz pitched like Matz but even with horrendous umping gave up only 3 runs. Lets be honest Matz was the guy who most likely performed to his history. Then Hicks just totally shit the bed in Hicks fashion. Arenado and Goldy both choked in huge moments.

Umps suck, Cards FO sucks, Cards managers suck.

Its a suckfest.

Last edited by Marcellus; 04-16-2023 at 12:14 PM..
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.