Thread: Mock (1/17)
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #5
Veteran

Thank you for sharing.

It is always interesting reading ideas on what the Chiefs could/should do for the following year(s).

You have some good stuff here to make a person think.

I think when we win the Super Bowl, our roster of players that will be free agents, will become very attractive to other teams. Bashaud Breeland, Kendall Fuller, Chris Jones, Emmanuel Ogbah, and even some players like Mike Pennel and Reggie Ragland have earned themselves a pay increase. I think we tag and trade Jones because of the money. I don't think there will be many "cheap" deals for the Chiefs in bringing back players. I am thinking to keep Bashaud Breeland will take a 3 year $24 M deal. Fuller probably the same. Steven Nelson last year received a 3 year $25.5 M deal from the Steelers.

I would agree on your keeping of some of these players, but just think it will be more expensive.

Also the free agents from other teams are going to be more expensive. Haason Reddick still has another year on his contract for $4.3 M I think. I'd like to have him on the Chiefs though. I would love to have a 2nd TE like Tyler Eifert but I think his market value will be closer to $7 M to $8 M and on a 2 to 3 year deal.

I also agree with Chris Meck on not wanting to cut young inexpensive players. No need and it really serves no purpose.

On 7 you have Chiefs tender Marcus Kemp and 8 you have Marcus Kemp, let him walk. I'd say keep him and see if he can make the team.

RB is a position where many would agree with you and say it should be a first priority, I would not go that way. In my opinion, Chiefs can fill that need with a lower round pick and internally with players that they have.

You have some good ideas and I agree with Mahomes contract and the core of players that you have.
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.