Thread: Mock (1/17)
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 09:45 AM   #2
MVP

why are you cutting or trading young cheap players?

Speaks isn't going to get you a 4th, especially coming off a lost season. And there's no reason to think he won't be a useful player in Spags 4-3, as he's 1)more of a 4-3 player and 2)Kpass has been a serviceable player and he looked worse even than Speaks last year.

Cutting D'OD makes no financial sense either. If he gets cut in TC because he's not good enough that's one thing. No reason to just cut him. Same with Hunter. Cheap, young, no reason to just cut them. If they can't make the 53 out of camp that's one thing but no reason to just cut them up front. Same with Brown and Reaser. I don't understand why we're just randomly cutting cheap guys for no reason. It may be likely they wouldn't make the cut, but not if we don't get someone BETTER before hand.

Ware's cheap. Why not bring him to camp?

LDT is kind of expensive, and same with Colquitt. Watkins obviously.

Any depth chart with Wylie as a primary back-up when you KNOW he blows chunks and you KNOW that at some point he's going to play is suspect. And his general stench is only topped by Reiter's. If we go into 2021 with Reiter at C again... Yeah, that's a no for me, dawg.

And the draft.

I just don't like this one. At all. It seems like you've created holes and then drafted to fill them.

We're not going to suddenly run the ball a lot. A RB is not good 1st round value in this offense I don't think. A mid rounder, sure, but not in the 1st.

I don't mind a CB in the 2nd. I'd maybe prefer it in the 1st depending on what's available.

You sent away a DL prospect in Speaks that Veach loved who played one season as a 3-4 OLB and then lost a season to injury (and you're not getting squat for him at this point in time, no way) and replaced him with another question mark. To me, you're answering a question mark with a question mark.

You're spending money on FA WR's that you could just re-sign D-Rob for, he already knows the offense.

The only incoming FA move here I like honestly is taking a flyer on Eifert.

Your LB signings are 'meh'. I don't think they're any better than what we have, honestly, and we'd be better served with continuity in the scheme if that's all we're going to do.

I think we need to draft LB, CB, OL, RB

any outside FA money ought to be on the interior offensive line.

I don't always agree with your mocks, but usually can see some logic to your perspective, but this one's got me scratchin' my head.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.