View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 02:53 PM   #113
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
I'm still not pleased with us continually waiting so late in the draft (or not at all) to draft a corner, but at least we added some promising bodies at the position. With expanded rosters this year perhaps we can carry 6 corners on the roster. Between Sneed and Keyes in the draft and Davis and Hill in UDFA I think we added some good competition for the bottom 2-3 roster spots at cornerback, and hopefully we can sneak some of those that don't make the cut on the practice squad. Give them a year to hopefully develop and improve behind Ward/Breeland/Fenton and hopefully 1-2 of them step up to some degree. How much they step up will determine whether corner is a day 1 or a day 2-3 need again next year.
As long as they adequately fill the position, I don't really care how they're acquiring guys.

If there's a guy they think is worth snagging with an early pick? Gobble him up. If there are four-five guys with the athletic profile who just need coaching them can bring in, and are confident they can get 1-2 to be good players, that works, too.

They aren't afraid to be creative and outside the box here, and that's the important part.

What's exciting about Sneed is the athletic profile is that of an elite corner. Same with a few other of these guys. If you aren't in position to just DRAFT an elite guy, you have to try to trade for them, sign them as a FA, or develop them.

If you're trying to develop, have to have the raw clay to start with...
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote