Thread: Movies and TV Big Bang Theory
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #119
Oh yeah..... you like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
How can anyone possibly be hating on this show? Oh yeah, it's the internet.
I like the show, but I can understand why people hate it.

First, the laugh track. Real audience I know, but it makes the show an easy target.
Quote:
Sheldon: "I just installed Windows 7" - The crowd starts howling with laughter
Sheldon: "It's much more user friendly than Windows Vista" crowd laughs
Sheldon: "I don't like that" crowd errupts.
Second, the Flanderization of Sheldon. I read a fascinating article on how Sheldon was a great example of asperger syndrome. Now he is so over the top I can see how people would have issues with the character. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...Flanderization

Third, the theme of the show has completely changes since its humble beginnings. It started as a geek culture sitcom. Now people make the case that it just makes fun of geeks. I dont go that far, but I will say, the last few years it has become a very generic sitcom. The plot lines could have revolved around any characters on tv. This is exceptionally true with the women. The two are doctors, but most plot lines revolve around the same generic tropes most sitcom women have to deal with. That is disappointing.

Finally, it is popular. Nothing is more fun to hate than something popular.
ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ragedogg69 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.