View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 08:48 PM   #151
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Chris Jones is one of the most valuable assets in the league. Only Aaron Donald and JJ Watt are better rushers from the interior (Watt plays that role frequently).

I would offer him an $80 million contract. After the 2 listed above making $100+ million, guys like Tuitt and Casey make $60 million. Maybe something a little higher than Danielle Hunter’s contract.

I think the Chiefs need to follow this structure:

This is going to be a very good defensive class. I’d go for a good pass rusher and DB that is a ball hawk. Then the Peters pick can be used for an offensive weapon or OL if need be.
Only Donald and Watt? I don't know about that. Gino Atkins, Calais Campbell, and Cameron Heyward are right there too. There are others that haven't had the sack totals of late but anyhow, Jones has definitely grown into that class of guys. I just did my new mock extending him at 5/85 so I do agree he's in that upper echelon and the Chiefs need to extend him this offseason.

Edit: As for Jeremiah's list, that's a fairly vague listing. I think you need to have 1 good interior rusher and 1 good edge rusher if that's what he's classifying as "pass rushers." I don't get hung up there, but 3 defensive playmakers is asking for quite a bit. If you can get a playmaker at safety, a playmaker at corner, and a good 3-down linebacker, then I'd agree with what he says there. I think you need a guy at every level of the defense so that you can dictate a little where teams will have to go. Offensively, I doubt you're going to get a team with 3 playmakers that often. That pretty much means you need KC's offense. A great WR, a great TE, and a great RB to go with a great QB isn't going to happen for most teams. You try to get there, but it's tough to get all 4 at the same time. 3 good O-line doesn't really specify much. Can you have 2 shitty tackles and 3 stud interior lineman? Don't know if that'll work. You almost have to have a good tackle, a good guard, and a good center if you want to mask deficiencies.

Last edited by kccrow; 11-22-2018 at 08:56 PM..
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.