View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 01:32 PM   #13
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Get out your pitchforks boys, you ain't gonna like this. It's actually good arguments. We probably got lucky last year, unlucky in the losses to Brady because that mother****er is the luckiest person alive.

Sure they did - a little. I mean the 49ers were lucky to even BE there, but let's not quibble...

Greenlaw's injury saved our asses. And Grapes missed an easy throw in the first SB that could've changed everything.

But man, that Eagles SB was two teams playing at an extremely high level. I'm just not sure I can find any 'luck' in there at all.

Moreover, there's not been a team in NFL history that didn't need a good break here or there to win a championship. That's how damn hard these things are to win. Maybe some of those early Cowboys teams that were molly-whopping the Bills didn't need any luck. But even then, they had some tight squeezes to get there in the playoffs.

It's just a truism, really.

And in the end, you can distinguish luck from skill by it's duration. 3 SB titles in 5 years ain't luck. Unless you call the Bengals being dumb enough to take John Ross when they needed a QB and the Bills being dumb enough to trade us pick 10 when they ALSO needed on 'luck'.

In which case - sure. Fine. Whatever. The Cowboys were lucky the Vikings are stupid. The Patriots are lucky they got a GOAT QB in the 5th round (who didn't need much salary cap space because his wife was a billionaire). The 49ers are lucky we took Steve Fuller instead of Joe Montana.

So in short - who really gives a ****?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote