View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 03:33 PM   #39
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
What makes you like Smith? He hasn't really shown anywhere that he's much for the DC spot here IMO.

I just don't know man. Guys look terrible elsewhere, then go somewhere and are good. Martindale is an example. He was ass in Denver, then has this legit d in Baltimore.

You being a MU fan can probably comment on the Colts DC whose name escapes me at MU. Wasn't he awful there?

What the hell changes for these guys?
Eberflus. Did you see that defense of his get a train run on it in the divisional round? The Colts beat up on patsies - Eberflus still sucks.

As for Smith - I actually think that right up until the point he shit all over everything I have ever wanted in life, Dee Ford showed remarkable development this year. And I think the absolute implosion among the ILBs also helps Smith given that his unit (the OLBs) didn't implode and in fact showed development.

I also like what I heard from other player regarding his approach to the game; focus and intensity, technique. Basic shit but the kind of stuff you want to hear from your position coaches. The kind of things you hear from good teachers.

And don't get me wrong - I wouldn't have made him DC. I don't think anyone that had a direct hand in this defense deserves a promotion. But I think you can say that he did a good job this year without also giving him the captain's chair.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.