Thread: Movies and TV They want to remake Twister.
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 08:07 PM   #53
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I kinda always assumed it was. FFS, Doogie Howser was the brains behind their outfit. And the heavy was literally a giant rubber brain.

That always seemed like an intentional spoof of sorts. A high-concept, self-aware B movie.

You could tell because the good actors were chewing on scenery (Ironsides was just friggen great) while the absolutely awful ones were just...being awful. They were completely immersed and just weren't in on the joke. Van Dien and Richards were just spectacularly awful but anyone with actual acting chops knew how to play it intentionally over the top.

I think you're allowed to laugh there - I think it was intentional satire and cheese.
It was 100% intentional. starship troopers was made by the same team that made Robocop. Both contain a ton of satire.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.