View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #426
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
A) Brady carved up the middle, which really is where this argument should stop because it demonstrates immediately how reactive the CB position is and their impact can be immediately diminished. A CB doesnt slow down Brady in that game - hes Brady. Hes just gonna go find the vacated hole in the zone and attack it.

B) You realize that the targets were reduced because of the attention he demanded, right? And that the attention goes elsewhere if its DeMarcus Robinson running those routes.

C) A game. One game. That's your argument - that in this one game hill didnt go off so clearly we should just trade him for the best CB we can get.

D) I have no earthly idea why I even needed to make points A through C. I really thought all this shit was self-evident.
I responded in another post to several of these points, but I will respond to point C. It isn't "one game". It's the AFCCG. The Chiefs are at the point where they have to make decisions not just to get into the playoffs or go deep into the playoffs but to have a team without serious enough weaknesses that they can win the SB. They have loads of talent. They truly do. But weakness at a position like CB is fatal in big games, like AFCCG or SBs. I truly hope that in January we are not having a discussion about how the Chiefs' poor pass defense cost them yet again.

Based upon that, if I thought that trading Hill for an elite CB would sufficiently improve this team's chances to win the SB, I'd do it. And if I didn't think that, I wouldn't do it. But how many times does signing a top 5 WR push a team over the SB hump? Doesn't happen. And because I trust Mahomes, I would trade the small lost production for an opportunity to have a better pass defense.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote