View Single Post
Old 11-19-2021, 07:13 PM   #2
MVP

1. Re-sign Mike Remmers.

I agree with signing a veteran, I just don't know that it's Remmers at 33. I kind of like Geron Christian as a swing-tackle backup at 26 years old if he's willing to take another cheap deal. There's plenty of other options out there too.

2. Re-sign Melvin Ingram.

If he's on board, I'm on board. The Chiefs need a few pass rushers in the offseason and a guy that will be familiar with the system, assuming Spags is retained, is beneficial.

3. Let Mathieu walk and invest at safety in the 1st or second round.

RE: Mathieu, I wouldn't let the door hit his ass fast enough.

As for a 1st round safety, he better be special and I don't know if I see that caliber of a player outside of Hamilton and he's going in the top 10 in all likelihood. There are some solid free agents and a pretty solid draft. Day 2 is going to be a sweet spot for some talent there in my opinion.

4. If a dynamic RB with good size falls to us on the 2nd day of the draft, the Chiefs should be way more interested than some might think.

**** that. Bigger priorities on this team. There will be some really solid options in FA. Take a shot late with one of their half-dozen 7th round picks if you want to fancy up the room.

5. The priorities for this team need to be WR, DE, and S (assuming Mathieu walks), but if the right LT falls to us in the first, I'd pull the trigger over all of them.

Agree on the LT front to a good extent. I firmly believe that, even though Brown isn't the worst LT in the world, he 100% doesn't fit the way Mahomes plays. If a guy like Nick Petit-Frere is there, I'm absolutely pulling the trigger. Do I think he's there? No. Do I think a good edge will be? Yes.

WR in 1 is fools gold IMO. I mean, if the Chiefs are picking 28 or later, I'm not going to bitch about the right guy. That said I really don't think I forsee a great fit as a #2 right there this year. Maybe, we'll see how it shakes out.

If it isn't LT or ER, then I'd be more inclined to say CB and move Sneed into a permanent role at S.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.