Thread: Movies and TV Spiderman: Far From Home
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 08:18 AM   #82
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Lee View Post
Boy they foreshadowed Peter Parker becoming the next Iron Man hard in the latest trailer.
I'm guessing that's purposeful misleading on Marvel's part, Mr. KC_Lee.

I think all the trailer references to "another Iron Man" is Peter projecting the idea onto Mysterio as he transfers his psychological need for a substitute father figure onto Jake (which makes me a little nauseous, to be honest).

This error in judgment compromises Peter's emotional state and impedes his ability to see Mysterio as the villain that he is. Of course, this will also make the requisite reveal all the more shocking for Peter ... leading to a teaching moment for Fury as Peter transitions into a more mature person and wisened crime fighter.

As for the MCU, I think Spidey can play a bigger role (filling the gap left by Stark and Cap) as they bring in the X-Men and 4. He's no "Iron Man", but he'll do. (I honestly believe Marvel finally messed up with Capt. Marvel. As a character, she's far too powerful to be interesting and the casting was probably a mistake.)

Meanwhile, there are other good characters to be woven into stories including Loki, Hulk, Ant-Man, Hawkeye, Asgardians, etc. as well as new ones like Namor. They can keep us entertained for another 10 years easily if they continue to cast well.

It's a good time to be a Chiefs fan and a Marvel aficionado.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.