View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 09:05 AM   #7
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

My wants vs. needs haven't changed much.

I'd still like to see an upgrade at MLB but know that Hitchens is playing credible football so it seems like a long-shot.

I'd still like to see an investment made at OT to get some young blood up to speed as Schwartz/Fisher start to decline and/or get more expensive but I know that we have some other, more pressing issues to address.

I'd still like to get a potential game-changer at TE2 w/ the ability to level up our 2 TE sets (which we run as much as anyone in the league) and complement/replace Kelce if need be but this just doesn't seem to be the right draft for it.

I'd still like to see a more physical X receiver brought in to replace Watkins so that Hardman can maintain his role as a dynamic presence and part-time Y but figure that they'll probably focus on developing Pringle/Kemp if possible.

I do think an immediate infusion of potential high-end talent on the IOL remains as critical as ever. Reiter has steadied himself into merely below average over the last several weeks with moments of genuinely good play. Wiz has made Wylie look as awful as we thought he was and may present a nice veteran stop-gap but is aging and should still be layered if possible. LDT needs to be cut.

Chris is right, DBs are expensive, have steep learning curves and high bust rates. If you can get one w/ a good value, get one. And in either event you should bring at least one in every season in the late rounds anyway. Thornhill's injury will set back his development given how late in the season it was and Mathieu is effectively on a 2-year deal anyway w/ an expensive team option for the 3rd. It might be a real good idea to find someone that can step in for Thornhill early in the season as he continues his recovery and then replace Mathieu in 2022/23.

A 4-3 team should ALWAYS be looking for the right DE or rotational depth. Like CB, we should be beating the bushes for one of these guys in pretty much every draft and if we have a shot at a value pick in the 1st, take him.

RB? **** man, I dunno. Williams looks like he doesn't suck again but I'll just never trust the guy. Again, wait for the value and if its there, take it.

So I'd say I've had a small change in my thoughts at RB and safety, maybe a little bit at IOL but not a ton.

Bottom line is that your view on the draft really shouldn't change a whole lot over the course of a year because needs shouldn't be addressed in the draft unless you've done something really wrong. The draft is for development and if you're lucky someone pops early (Thornhill). A strong 6 week run shouldn't change what we saw with this team over the previous 10. The roster hasn't changed, nor should the plan.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.