Thread: Movies and TV Breaking Bad: The Movie
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 12:57 PM   #121
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Then why be so heavy-handed with re-establishing 'old Jesse'?

If I'm a person who is going to enjoy the character development and 'before/after' contrasts that El Camino was trying to establish, then I'm NOT a person that needs to be force-fed the beginning of Jesse's arc. I'm an involved fan that understands the character.

And if I'm NOT that kind of fan and I need to be re-immersed in the character, then I'm not gonna have much of an appreciation for where the character ended up.

In a lot of ways it was insulting. Trotting fat Todd out there and pretending like we wouldn't notice just to we can re-establish what we just spent 5 years fully understanding was ridiculous and a waste of my time. And acting like Jesse Pinkman 7 days after his release from captivity is some fully formed, fully reformed version of who he'll be for any appreciable of time is simply an insult to me as an adult, let alone a fan.

I understand that the whole thing was a send-off for Pinkman - so why spend half of it spinning your wheels on stuff we largely already knew unless it's A) mindless fan service (most likely) or B) a simple plot device to make up for staid writing when you can't figure out how to give Jesse a massive pile of money so you just plop him in Fat Todd's apartment and go from there.

Ultimately I think there was a chance to do what you hinted at - make it about Jesse's transformation. But there were only glimpses. Instead most of that WAS just "throwing some more BB shit at the wall for the sake of BB."
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote