Thread: Life Stupid Tourist Tricks
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 08:43 AM   #277
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
NSFW Language in the video

This happened up at Big Sky, Montana not long ago. You can tell that's a young moose. They are lucky it wasn't a mother moose with a calf. If that were the case, there's a good chance that the guy would have been meeting his maker. On a side note, the Karen lecturing the drunks, was about as irritating as the incident itself. I'm more leery of moose, than I am of bears, because of their unpredictability.

One thing about moose, they will give you signals you are about to be in a world of crap. Their ears go back, the hair will stand up on their back around their hump and a lot of the times, they will lick their lips. I've seen it a couple of times. Once was when a guy and his wife started approaching a moose and her calf up at Cooke City, 3 miles from Yellowstone, when we were out wheeling. Biff and Muffy were walking up to them, to get a picture. I told them, once, if you get any closer, that thing is going to come after you, and likely kill you. It's ears were already laid back. They backed off.

The other time, I was out elk hunting with a buddy by West Yellowstone. We came out of a thick set of trees and 25 years away, there was a mother moose and a calf. It pinned back it's ears and it's hair on it's back was raised up. I told my buddy, back up slowly, but be ready. Thankfully, when we backed up, it didn't see us as a threat. To put it mildly, that was an adrenaline rush.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.