View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 09:02 PM   #93
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

On the subject of desolate drives, I'll weigh in.

I'm in the minority, but I don't mind the big flat vistas in Kansas and Wyoming and eastern Colorado. I like seeing the horizon and I like the vastness of it.

It's been a while since I've crossed Illinois/Indiana/Ohio, but I remember it being less interesting than the plains. I couldn't see the horizon, but what I was seeing wasn't overly interesting.

I drove from Boston to Caribou on this Maine debacle. That's a long way. I took the interstate up, and then took the coastal highway for part of the way back. The coastal highway was an annoyance because it was slower and you couldn't see the coast other than a few places. The highway actually wasn't bad because it had some variation in terrain and the trees were different than I usually see. But the speed traps ruined it.

Honestly, the worst drives I've done have been in Georgia. It's perfectly flat and all you can see are trees on either side, and they close in on you. The trees there didn't look natural for some reason. It almost seemed like someone planted the trees just to block the views. Those drives have been pretty monotonous.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.