Thread: Movies and TV Jack Reacher
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #6
Dirty Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell View Post
I seriously doubt most people know who Jack Reacher is. To those of us into the books (I own all of them) having Tom Cruise play the monstrous Jack Reacher was ridiculous.

Have Cruise play Thor, Conan, it would be the same thing.

No Cruise can't sell the character, IF you know who the character is. Bautista would have been perfect.

The physical presense of Reacher is a huge part of the story. Without that going on it's not a Jack Reacher story.
Cool. Stick to the books then, because you are the type of reader which movie versions will never be correct to you. Avid readers often imagine actors playing the roles as they read through books, making their judgment as to who should play them in movie versions biased. As you've read through the Jack Reacher series, you already envisioned his character as being played by Bautista. There's nothing wrong with that, but in the Year 2012, I'm telling you that very few people would have traveled to a theater to watch Bautista in a Jack Reacher movie.

And you aren't even considering that it's quite unlikely the movie gets green-lit by a studio unless Cruise or another big name is attached. In 2011-12, Bautista was only known as being an on/off again wrestler.
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.