View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 06:46 AM   #126
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
When JJ was initially hired, he was going to write all three sequels and direct the first and maybe the last. But TFA was rewritten so many times and JJ bitched so much about needing to move his family to London for a year that KK hired Rian Johnson to write and direct XIII.

Abrams and Kasdan mapped out all three sequels before shooting on TFA even began but once Johnson was hired, Lucasfilm threw everything out the window for him.

I think that IX is going to be pretty cool from everything I’ve heard about the script and story. But Rey’s character will probably be polarizing for people that can’t get past the “Mary Sue” aspect.

My biggest issue with IX is the return of Palpatine. His return, at least from my perspective, negates Anakin’s redemption story and invalidates the idea that he’s The Chosen One because The Emperor is alive and very much in control.

It cheapens Anakin’s story and with that being the case, why are we even watching?

I really have not been following this all that closely so this may be something that is actually well known already but, do we know for certain that Palpatine is actually alive? Could his presence in the film be that of a Force ghost from the dark side?
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.