Thread: Movies and TV Official Rick and Morty thread
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 11:37 AM   #107
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Is it because the animated kids are drawn 'cute' or something? Because The Simpsons and South Park kind of plowed the entire field on kids tackling adult subjects.

I can think of criticisms of the show, but honestly creepy is one I struggle with, unless you refuse to contemplate the idea of tweens even thinking about puberty, sex and drugs.
Well first of all they're not cute. It's one of the ugliest cartoons I've ever seen. Not in a charming way either like south park's cheap look. It's just ugly.

Generally anything that hypersexualizes 12 year olds creeps me out. The puberty monster was a cute idea and tackling that awkward age is all well and good, but when you have musical numbers featuring 12 year old girls dancing naked to a tune about their bodies I start getting seriously creeped out.

It just feels like the guy who made this is some skeevy weirdo in a trench coat that hides in the back of junior high school libraries with a mirror on his shoes. It's creepy and the more I watched the more creepy it got until I stopped.

As to the 'objectivity' of my comment; you can be pedantic about the language I'm using if you want (it's pointless, but it's something you do), but that's my SUBJECTIVE opinion. I shouldn't have to say "I think" before every statement for an intelligent person to know I'm giving an opinion.

Plus I just didn't think it was that funny. My buddy loves it. I don't.

Last edited by WhiteWhale; 11-05-2019 at 11:47 AM..
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.