View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 02:44 PM   #210
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
3 years ago my wife and I were on top of the world financially. No mortgage, very little debt, disposable income to do whatever the **** we wanted. And at the same time I was going through the worst work experience of my life. Went through several phases of burnout and depression. Ended up making major changes in our lives, and as a result, all that financial security is gone now. We'll probably never be back where we were, and I couldn't care any less, we're much happier now. You can't buy your sanity back for any amount of money.
I had a job from 2010 to 2017 that was like family. We hung out together regularly, went to each other's weddings, etc. Most days it didn't even feel like going to work. It just felt like going to hang out with your friends and work on cool projects.

That is everything imo. I was part of a village that worked together and looked out for each other. There was even plenty of room for village weirdos like me. If I could have a situation like that my whole life, I don't think I would need much else to be content.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.