View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 10:46 PM   #92
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Starship Troopers kicks ass. I've never read the book either but I ****ing love that movie. It was one of the first R rated movies I remember my dad letting me watch when we first got cable. I watched the shower scene many many times.
I knew nothing about it when I went to see it. I just assumed it would be a typical sci-fi Star Wars type action movie, so I brought my then-girlfriend/now wife. She doesn't like gory movies, and Starship Troopers is pretty much a blood-soaked war movie in a sci-fi setting. Needless to say she was not happy. There were a couple of times when I thought she was going to puke in my lap. I loved it, though, and I've watched it many times. Never gets old and the special effects still hold up well. Some of the best space battle scenes of all time.

The book is fantastic, though, and nothing like the movie, outside of fighting bugs (that actually used armor and equipment) and a few of the character names. Another one of my friends hated it because one of the main things in the book was the troops using power armor, and that wasn't in the movie at all.

Heinlein must have been spinning in his grave over it.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.