View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 11:59 AM   #22591
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
One assumes Pat would have had more struggles out of the gate had he started year 1. I'm just comparing his preseason performance and observed comfort level on the field compared to Week 17, and that game compared to his entire 2018 campaign.

Does it really make THAT much of a difference if a QB goes through those year 1 lumps or eliminates many of them by spending the season on the bench? Granted, Goff's situation was entirely different, but I really have a hard time believing that going through the wretched and horrible season that Goff did his rookie year is beneficial at all. How can it be? Nothing you do works. You have no basis of a comfort zone from which to expand your development. Your struggles aren't behind closed doors on the practice field-- they're out in front of everybody and scrutinized everywhere you walk in the town you live.

Mahomes in Year 2 is the MVP. That's what I know. I have a hard time believing he would have been THAT much better in 2018 if he had started Year 1.

The dude is talking out his ass with only quantitative stats without any other method to prove his hypothesis.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.