View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 09:47 AM   #15
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Lamar Jackson set the record for carries by a QB as a rookie. He then broke that record this year.

His success isn’t sustainable unless he dramatically changes his style of play. The first injury will happen. He’ll come back a step slower. He’ll still think he can make the plays he used to. He’ll take worse hits. He’ll get injured again and again.

It’s fun to watch in the short term, but it will not last. The League can protect you as a passer, but when you become a runner you’re fair game.

I’m skeptical that he can or will change his style of play. If it was easy (or even possible) to become a great pocket passer after getting to the NFL, you would see far fewer busts. He’s been playing this way his entire life. I doubt he can change his instincts, muscle memory, and fundamentals in an offseason.

This is similar to players going to the NBA who can’t shoot. You hear frequently that Player X “could be an All Star if he can develop a realizable outside shot.” Learning a skill like that takes a lot of time. It’s hard to develop that when you’re already in your 20’s.

Maybe he’ll settle in and become a great passer who makes all the throws. I’m just doubtful it will ever happen.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote